Before your Arrival
In order to optimize your experiment time, we recommend you to go through the check lists from this Before your Arrival menu.
Feel free to print out the pdf version and check out the items one by one.
Your samples must be confirmed in IPTS before shipping.
Go to https://neutrons.ornl.gov/users/shipping-guide to get all the details about when, where, how …. you can ship your samples.
To be completed by the Principal Investigator (PI) of the experiment at least 3 weeks before beam time.
You can access your proposal using the IPTS page
- Confirmed samples (adding any new samples, and including composition)?
- Confirmed need for lab space?
- Confirmed experiment team, that will be present at beam time (add any new members)?
- Confirmed experiment equipment and/or sample environment?
Engineering & equipment safety
To be completed by the Principal Investigator (PI) of the experiment
- Provided all safety documentation for user-provided equipment immediately?
- Shipped/delivered all user-provided equipment at least 2 weeks prior to beam time for electrical and safety inspection?
- Answered all safety-related questions through IPTS?
- Ensured that sample environment requested equipment is available and compatible with experiment/beamline?
- Written a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for hands-on work at HFIR?
This must be completed by all participants to the experiment before the first day of experiment.
- Received training e-mail from user office (firstname.lastname@example.org)?
- Completed online training if assigned? (ORNL guess portal)
- Scheduled onsite training and tour for HFIR access?
- Followed the attached procedure to access CG1D data?
- Follow the attached procedure to access CG1D analysis computer.